Third Edition of Worldwide Junior Chess Festival will be played on April 24, 2021, open to all U12 players (born in 2009 and later). The Festival will have two Swiss tournaments and Puzzle Storm competition, to be held on Lichess.
The system of play for the main events, the two Rapid tournaments, will be Swiss 7 rounds, using Worldwide standard time control 10+2 (10 minutes starting time, plus 2 seconds increment on each move). The expected duration of each tournament is about 3 hours.
Puzzle Storm competition: tactics puzzle-solving contest will be held on Friday.
More info on the Festival page.
Worldwide Junior Chess Festival is an Online chess competition event (Annex 6.4 Fide Online Chess Regulations, 6.1.1.).
- Worldwide Rapid Swiss tournament
- Worldwide Puzzle Storm competition
- U12 players (born 2009 and later)
- Date/Schedule: April 24
- Time control: Rapid 10’+2”
- Hosting server: Lichess
- Invitation and Regulations:
- Schedule: 11:00 UTC and 17:00 UTC
- System of play: Swiss, 7 rounds, 10+2
- Fair play rules: Online chess competition (6.1.1.)
- Registration fee: €4 EUR
- Execution & Monitoring:
- Arbiters: on occasion (anti-cheat comission)
- Techical support: Lichess
- Press results: https://worldwide-chess.com
- Festival Gallery promotion